Healthy starter: chicory snacks
I saw this recipe at a Dutch magazine called Smult and it is a great healthy starter. I am thinking to make this for Christmas in combination with some other small bites. It is really tasty and full of flavour!
Ingredients to make 16 snacks
- 100 gr walnuts
- 30gr dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 red apple chopped into small cubes
- 1 handful fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh mint finely chopped
- 120ml olive oil
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 2 tbsp agave syrup or honey
1. Chop the walnuts with a muddler or mortar with a pinch of salt.
2. Add the finely chopped parsley, mint, red onion, dried cranberries and apple.
3. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and syrup or honey to a nice dressing.
4. Add the dressing to the mix until all ingredients are covered with the dressing. Add salt & pepper to taste.
5. Place 1-2 tsp of the mix in a chicory leave and serve on a big plate.
Easy recipe! Enjoy!