Thai beef salad
I am a big fan of a good filling salad and this is a very nice one with an Asian spicy twist!
Ingredients (for 2 persons):
- mixed rocket salad
- 2 spring onions
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 200 grams round steak (kogelbiefstuk)
- 1 jar of Thai red curry paste (I used Koh Thai red curry paste)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Aluminium foil
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest only
- 1 red chili pepper in small pieces without the seeds
- 1/2 tsp dark brown sugar (basterdsuiker)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the Thai red curry paste with the olive oil and marinade the round steaks with the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Heat a griddle pan with a bit of olive oil and place the marinated steaks on one side for 2.5 minutes. Don’t flip the steaks in between. After 2.5 minutes, turn the steaks for another 2.5 minutes. Remove the steaks from the griddle and wrap them in the aluminium foil to rest.
- Prepare the salad on a plate and garnish with the spring onions, mango, cucumber and peanuts.
- Cut the steaks in thin slices and place in the middle of the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the beef and the salad to taste and finish with some peanuts on the steak.
You can serve this salad with rice, noodles or pita bread with hummus (which is my favourite).